Hello!! If you have the booklet, read Chapter 5 on page 95. If you don´t have it, download chapter 5 in the file below.
When you have finished reading, do the activities below.
1- Correct 6 mistakes in this summary of chapter 5
In your folder, copy the date and title.
2- Re- write the summary using the verbs in the past form.
3- Choose the correct word in each sentence. Copy the sentences in your folder.
- «You can´t come with me, Watson. I´ll (sea/see) you later this afternoon.» said Holmes.
- He used an old pair of glasses to cover his (phase/face).
- «I have discovered who the thief is. I (know/now/no) that it´s not Arthur!»
- Watson and Holmes had succeded, (once/ones) again.
- Watson was very tired. And he was hungry (two/to/too).
- (Buy/Bye/By) the time the truth was revealed, Arthur had already spent a night in jail.
- Mr Holder could believe that his own (son/sun) has taken the corner of the crown.
- «You have been very kind in coming (here/hear), Mr. Holmes», Holder said.
- Mr. Holder was sad because (won/one) more terrible thing had happened to him.
- Holmes and Watson just wanted that everything (would/wood) be OK.
- «I always said Arthur was innocent. And I know I´m (write/right),» Holmes stated.