Today is ____________________, August 11th.
(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
It is __________, ______________ and _____________ today (sunny, rainy, snowy, cold)
I’m feeling ____________________ today (tired, happy, OK, very well, excited, sleepy, hungry)
Why are you feeling ______________________? Because_________________________________________ .
Listen to the story and follow the reading:
We use the PRESENT CONTINUOUS to talk about things that are happening NOW.
The PRESENT CONTINUOUS is ALWAYS used with the verb TO BE + ING at the end:
I am eatING chocolate
You are playING tennis
He is drinkING water
She is dancING tango
It is workING well
We are sleepING in a tent
You are cookING dinner
They are walkING together
After listening and reading the story:
Please answer the questions:
What is Abby doing today? She is visiting her grandparents
- What is Abby doing at this moment? She is ________________________ on her grandfather’s lap.
- What does Abby love? Listening to ______ ___________________________’s stories.
- Who is Jacob? He ______ Abby’s ________________________________.
- What is he doing right now? He ____ ______________________ a story.
- Is Jacob holding Abby’s hand? ________, _______ _______.
- Who is Sarah? She is ______________’s _______________________________.
- Where is Sarah at the moment? She is ________________________ in the ___________________________.
- What is Sarah baking? _______ is ______________________ cookies.
- What is she also doing? ________ _____ __________________ to the story.
- Are they happy to have Abby with them today? _______, they ____________.
Please write 3 sentences about what you are doing right now:
- I am __________________________________________________________________________________.