Today is ____________________, August 3rd.
(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
It is __________, ______________ and _____________ today (sunny, rainy, snowy, cold)
I’m feeling ____________________ today (tired, happy, OK, very well, excited, sleepy, hungry)
Why are you feeling ______________________? Because_________________________________________ .
I will read the story :
«Laura is at the airport»
Laura is at the airport. She waits for her flight. Her flight is delayed, so Laura walks around the airport and looks at the shops. She has a nice time.
After a while she wants to go to the bathroom. She wants to know where it is, but she can’t find it.
«Where is the bathroom?» she asks herself.
She looks and looks, but she doesn’t find it. She starts asking people where it is.
«Excuse me sir, could you please tell me where the bathroom is?», Laura says.
«You mean the restroom, right?», the man says.
«No, I mean the bathroom.», Laura says.
«Well, the restroom is over there.» He says and and he walks away.
Laura doesn’t understand. She asks a lady:
«Excuse me madam, could you please tell me where the bathroom is?»
«The restroom is over there,» the lady answers and walks away.
Laura is confused! «What’s their problem? I need to use the bathroom and they send me to rest?! I don’t need a restroom, I need the bathroom!», Laura thinks to herself.
After a while, Laura gives up. She feels tired of all this walking and asking. She decides that maybe they are all right and she really needs to rest.
She walks to the restroom. Now she is surprised! She realizes the restroom is actually the name for a public bathroom!
Let´s talk about the story
- Where is Laura? She is at ______________________________________.
- Where does she want to go? __________________________________.
- Can she find it?_______, she __________________.
- Does she ask people? _______, she ____________.
- Why is Laura confused? Because ________ doesn´t understand.
- What doesn´t Laura understand? She ___________ understand the difference between __________________ and _________________.
- What is a public bathroom called? ______________________________________.
- Which public places do you know? ___________________ and ________________. (restaurants, schools, parks, supermarket, bus station, train station)
- What new words did you learn today? ______________, _______________, ______________.
We say bathroom at a private place!
A private place is our house, a friend´s house, a family member´s house.
STUDY THESE WORDS FOR DICTATION: for MONDAY, AUGUST 10: eight – eleven – afternoon – breakfast – chair – clock – dinner – elephant – family – giraffe – green – hand