Read chapter 4 of the story «The Emerald Crown». I have attached the file in case you don´t have the Booklet.
Then, complete the sentences below using the words in the box only ONCE. There is one extra word.
- _____Holder wanted to solve the mystery, he decided to find Holmes.
- They all went to HOlder´s house ______solve the mystery.
- ______looking at the front garden, Holmes walked to the back of the house.
- _____Holder and Watson were cold, they got into the house.
- _______ Holder and Watson entered the house, Mary came in.
- Arthur still remains quiet_____he´s disppointed of his father.
- _____Holmes saw Mary, he told her he wanted to ask her some questions.
- Holmes asked Mary about the night before, ______she had heard a strange noise.
- ____putting the crown on the table, Holmes took it out of the box.
- Holmes told them to go to their house the following day____he could explain them what had happened.
Choose the correct answer
Find the words from the story and use them to complete Holmes´s notes about the mystery of the Emerald Crown.